Water makes up about 55-65% of the human body. It’s of no surprise then how important it is to keep ourselves hydrated.
Being adequately hydrated helps us in many ways. With digestion it can prevent constipation and help dissolve fats and soluble fibre as well as helping remove waste products relieving stress from the kidneys and liver.
As Osteopaths, we see many ways the body responds well to being hydrated. Its benefits include…
– lubrication of joints
– balanced electrolytes within muscles preventing fatigue
– minimize headaches caused by dehydration
– hydrates the skin which can prevent the dryness and the appearance of wrinkles
In conjunction with these overall benefits, drinking plenty of water after osteopathic treatment can aid in healing and improve overall results by flushing and rehydrating the system.
It’s not always easy to remember to drink water throughout the day, especially during the colder months or when you’re not being physically active. We’ve included a few tips below to help you drink more water throughout the day.
– always carry a drink bottle with you or have a glass next to your desk
– have a glass with every meal
– eat more fruits and vegetables
– if you don’t like flat water try a soda stream