Sleep is an enormous contributor to good health and well being so along with fitness and nutrition is is important to do it the right way. It’s never easy shopping for a new mattress, so here’s a few tips to help you choose one that will be comfortable, supportive and ensure a better nights sleep.
- Do some research before going shopping. Discussing options with health professionals and doing some online reading can be helpful in gathering information for not only the right mattress or brand you may be after but also which shop will be most beneficial to go to
- When shopping for a mattress, try to lie on the mattress in the store for at least 10 to 15 minutes
- Bring your own pillow. The more you can replicate the way you’ll be sleeping on the mattress once you get it home, the better your chances of picking the right one
- Ask to try a firm, a plush, and a pillow top in the same brand quality
- Don’t test the mattresses at the end of a day’s shopping – everything will feel comfortable!
To help you further below is a link outlining pros and cons of different types of mattresses.
And other things to consider when buying a mattress